Kankiku’s headquarters is located near Kujukuri Hama （literally meaning 250-mile beach）, in a warm coastal suburb of Tokyo on the Pacific Ocean. In 1883, Gensaku Sase, founder of Kankiku, first utilized the pure local spring water, firm malted rice and sweet natural flavors to brew a series of dry and smooth tasting Sake varieties. More than 130 years later, we have introduced 5 major brands and 21 variations of Sake, in addition to finely crafted shochu and beer. With our cordial appreciation to all of our stakeholders, we have prioritized a concept of“Brewing to satisfy the soul”as the center point of our efforts towards eternal improvement and innovation, as well as various communication with our customers, stakeholders and our local community.
We are proud to introduce our concept and more-than-century long brewing legacy, as we match our products with the local heritage of Kujukuri’s cuisine, nourished by the mild Pacific coastal climate, to the desires and expectations of our customers worldwide.
Kenichi SaseChief Executive Kankiku – Meijo Co., Ltd.
1. Sake and liquors
- We brew Fusano Kankiku, Fusano Kujukuri, and Ocean99.
- Find our products at specialist retailers throughout Japan or search our expanding sales channels overseas.
For inquiries about our sake business, please click here.
- “KUJUKURI OCEAN”, a craft beer produced from the technology of sake brewing.
- Find our products at liquor retailers around Japan and our online shop. We’re also expanding our sales channels overseas.
- Commercial Sales
- We sell barrels of “KUJUKURI OCEAN” draught to bars and eateries. Inquiries and orders can be made on the inquiry form.
For inquiries about our beer business, please click here.
||Production and sale of Sake, Shochu and Beer
||Takenosato 11, Matsuo-machi, Sammu City, Chiba, Japan
||+81-479-86-3050 to Japan
||+81-479-86-3123 to Japan
||Founded and launched local-based Sake production
||Incorporated as a limited partnership company
||Main Sake manufacturing site and facility rebuilt and extended
||Commencement of production at new facilities of new bottling and logistic facilities
||Granted microbrewery license allowing for production and sales of craft beer
Commenced operation of a factory-annex customer facility “Country Beer House”
||Launched production of sweet-potato based “Honkaku Imo Shochu”
||Awarded Gold and Silver Prize at World Beer Award（for our India Pale Ale, Stout）